Translate

Friday, December 3, 2010

Which organist will show?

So this week has been busy. Three funerals this week - no wait - text coming in - another one tomorrow unreal - but as you probably know  - there are more deaths around the holidays - of course due to the flu, and other sicknesses, depression - I know it is weird, but I find this "topic" if you will,  interesting.  Anywho.. that is not what I am blogging about tonite.

So as usual, Ted shows up on Monday morning all chipper and sassy.  It was a long Thanksgiving weekend and I was a bit tired.. and he is chatting away, like a chatty Cathy  - talking about things that concerned.. wait for it - HIMSELF. I love him - but sometimes, he starts on a roll and I tune out - today was one of these days -

So we start going through the service and of course someone had to go for a eulogy of some sort - and we are back in the sacristy and he is listening with one ear - and he realizes that this poor girl is reading a poem that she wrote - and what do we hear from our darling, sincere, compassionate Ted - "Oh - I hate those rhyming poems.. "  at this point, I am the one that is rolling my eyes at the comments he is making.. really when you are with him - you don't really have to do much - he is very entertaining all on his own!  

The service was pretty straight forward, nothing unusual - and when we finished - I had to book out of there, (had a pt appt.) and thought I would see him Wednesday - but I came to find out that I was not going  too.. which brings me to the title of my post today -

OY

Soooo the Music Minister of the church where I work leaves me a message telling me that there is a funeral on Wednesday and Friday and that Susan would be playing for them - and of course my reply was .. "oh. I thought Ted was playing Wednesday's"  and his response was "uh - no - I booked Susan.. who told Ted?"  Awesome..  let the war the organists begin - Well I believe that our MM (Music Minister) talked to Ted and told him that he already had Susan for the funeral - and Ted seemed ok, but then he called back to say that he gave up another funeral for this - and our MM said.. "You need to hear from me - and if you hear it from someone else, check with me"  Man, the drama -

Hey.. I have an idea...

We might be able to start a new reality show - "Pedal Point Blank" ( I would like to thank my friend for helping me to come with a good title)  Seriously - can you imagine?

Who would be our contestants -

Ted - of course - would be our constant organist and he would have to compete with two other organists who would try to get a job away from him.

We would have a new challenge for them every week - some competitions might include: 
  • Make them run through NYC trying to play every organ on a city block or neighborhood and time them.
  •  Seeing if they really have to change their shoes to play -
  • Make them play a piece barefoot
  • Let them direct a choir of people who truly can't sing and see what they do with it.
Judges, we need judges  (hmmm I wonder if Paula is available) 

This is definitely something to ponder.  Definitely.

Anywho, long story short, Susan did come to play on Wednesday and she also played for me today - it was great.. she is such a good player ( I wonder how she would do in the competition? )


Hey, maybe this guy will show up! He looks fun!
But in the mean time, the question still remains -

What organist will I get tomorrow - Stay tuned...

And to my Jewish Friends and family -

Happy Hanukkah!

Peace out kiddies..

M-



No comments:

Post a Comment