Translate

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I just don't know where to begin.... Part 1

I just don't know where to begin with this one.  I guess I should start when I was singing a funeral and Father Paul was talking about his friend that  had died.  Anthony was an organist, composer, teacher - and very extra ordinary.   Apparently, he was very flamboyant, loving and very very funny.

So Father Paul said he was officiating this funeral and he wasn't sure what was going to happen because there was going to be testimonials, story telling and singing - yes singing show tunes without accompaniment - purely accappella.  Ok, so now I was intrigued.  Even though I was not hired to go and sing, I wanted to go anyway just to see - and Ted was bummed because he was not to play for the funeral  and was a bit surprised- So then Father Paul responded "Well, Ted, he wanted it to be accapella.. hellooooo"  Ted responded "ha ha"  I later texted Ted and said.. "you know, we should crash this funeral.... just to see"  He did not respond.  I guess he was a little bitter.

So the next night Father Paul calls me - "UH Missy, Paul here -Are you free on Thursday?  I am going  to ask them if I can bring you with me - so we can sing "Go with God" I mean, come on.. we sing that so well together and he loved broadway so much - it is perfect." So I respond, "great.. let me know either way"  So, my evening proceeds and I am laughing to myself because I know this would send Ted over the edge.  I did not hear from Father Paul - so I called him to see what the deal was - no answer.  He was probably talking to the family, etc.  I finally got a call back the next day and he said that they said no.   He was shocked and Father does not take rejection easily - Sooooo, he said, I am going back to the wake tonite and I will talk to them again.  Well, apparently that worked.  He calls me up and said that he had changed their mind and I was to come. 

So.. what do I do?  I am so bad, I went and  texted Ted to let him know that I am indeed going to sing at this funeral and that he should still come  -  Still no response.... hmmm is Ted angry?  I won't know until the next time I see him...  oh well off to find the directions to this funeral... Hello GPS

Stay tuned, part II of  "I don't even know where to start" will be coming soon...

Have a peaceful day-

M

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog & you don't have a "contact" area...so I'm placing here. You inspired a blog post of mine http://wp.me/p1ilhc-4R

    Thanks for reminding me there's "humor" in death! Also, you might want to add a page where your readers can add their funeral experiences. I'm sure there are some interesting stories out there! I would add a shorter version of mine. Anyway, looking forward to your future posts & stop in on my blg some time...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete