Translate

Friday, January 7, 2011

I just don't know where to begin Part 2

Helloooo!  So the last time we visited I was just called to go and sing a funeral where there was not going to be any organ music, actually no instrumental  music playing of any sort.  Acappella singing.  Only accappella  singing which is fine with me - but if you read part one.. Father Paul needed some back up. So as I said before, Father Paul went to the wake to convince the family that it would be a great tribute to their friend if we sang this song that is done at the end of the funeral.  Well, apparently he is a rock star, because it worked and I was going.

So I was thinking to myself, I should take music with me because I just don't know what they will have there and I don't know exactly what I have to do (Other than Go with God) - so on my way home from my other job (I wear a lot of hats) I stopped at the church to get music - but the church was locked.. so off I go looking for someone to open it. 

I found Father Rafael, sitting at his computer responding to email. He was more than happy to help me out. He is a new priest at the church and is really wonderful.  So we walk over- (so cold out) and I was able to get my music. I thanked  Father "R" and went on my merry way.

So the next morning I check off my list:

1. Coffee - check check (and for those of you who don't know, coffee is one of my four food groups.)
2  Gps , "Hobbs" will show me the way, ok, I switched it to Cartman, who am I kidding- check
3. Extra music if I need it  - check
4. Kiss husband and son goodbye - check

And we are off!  The drive was not so horrible, only about a half hour away, I have the Holiday music blasting, singing along - hoping the traffic was not going to be bad and it wasn't. The actual funeral was in a busy area, so to find parking was going to be a "joy." But I was prepared, I started to sing every song  I found the church, and I circled around, no parking. Awesome!  So, I make another round, nothing.. oh come on, really?  I have to sing for the dead here!!! 

Hey, there is a policeman - I am going to ask him- "oh you are singing for the funeral?  You can park right in front!"  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Oh this is getting better and better.. So I park in the row with hearse and all the other limos.  RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!  I should have asked the first time around.. geez. 

So after I parked, I went in... oh man....

yes, I am going to do it again.. you have to wait.. Part III  - Don't worry, I won't wait as long!

Peace out kiddies

M

No comments:

Post a Comment