Translate

Friday, September 10, 2010

A blog about singing for the dead - who knew.

So- Here we are- my first post about my crazy life as a wife, mom, professional singer who is now (I guess there is no other way to say this) a funeral singer. I have to tell you  that I really never thought I would ever be blogging about this!

 A little background on me - I am a classically trained singer - but prefer to sing musical theater - I went to school, got various music degrees and proceeded to have a nice little opera career.  After getting married to this really cool guy, we kept singing (he is a singer too) then after having my son, I did not want to travel as much and decided to concentrate on being a church musician - and I have had great success!  As a singer, all of us, at one time or another have had a church job.. but for some reason, I had always felt that I really touched the lives of those for whom I sang.... Then one day - an organist asked me if I would sing a funeral.. "sure!', I said, not knowing that it would be the most emotional hour of my life.  Every one I that I sang from that moment on, got a little easier.  Singing for the dead is never easy..

I hope this blog can ease the pain that people are feeling...

Stay tuned!

Meliss-

No comments:

Post a Comment