Translate

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sisters until the end

Wow - my first real entry - I wrote the introduction for the Blog and what do you know, Bam -  I get the call from an organist I usually work with. But this funeral call was a little different... Two sisters (way into their 90's) had died six months apart and now the family was to have a funeral for the both of them. Okee Dokee-

I think what made this so interesting was that one had been cremated and one was in a casket - I think.. or were they both cremated and in one casket.. I just wasn't sure...There was a table in the front  - I thought that was for an urn.. but no one put anything there - so I just kept staring at the casket  saying to myself... are both of them in there? Are they ok?  (I know, horrible - right?)  And to be honest, I would not be surprised - What I found out was that they did everything together - helped raise their siblings, lived through WWI, the great depression, WWII and so much more.  They were avid knitters, apparently always making baby hats, booties and blankets for every newborn that came along!  They never missed a birthday, anniversary, etc..
In their later years, they went into assisted living (2001) which to me is incredible - these ladies lived well into their 90's and it seemed as though they led a full life of family, faith and travel.  The family had a program to hand out to those who came - and on the cover, there was a picture of the two of them in their Red Hats - It was great.

They definitely were sisters until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment