Translate

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fin.... we will miss you...

Well, as most of you know, when Blackeye, my son's goldfish,  died it was pretty traumatic.  But, like a trooper, he set up the whole funeral (read fish funeral).  Well, unfortunately, our latest goldfish Fin passed away yesterday morning before school.  So I asked J if he wanted to give him a burial at sea, which he replied "No, Mommy, I don't want the sharks to eat him." I responded "well that is fine, what would you like to do" and of course he said that he wanted to bury Fin next to blackeye in the backyard (who knew that I would have a fish cemetary - seriously, you can't make this up) So we went out back and I dug a hole next to where Blackeye is and then J said.. "Mommy we have to call daddy, he should be here don't you think?" So J called my husband and J said "Daddy you should pull over" (he was on his way to school) And of course D could not pull over because he was on a major highway, so I said.. "Daddy can't pull over sweetheart.. but I am sure he will say a prayer for Fin".. So Jake put the cell phone on speaker and my husband started to say a prayer for the dead.  When it was over, J thanked his dad and then we both took a shovel of dirt and buried Fin. 

And of course, in true J fashion, he said " we should say a few words about Fin"  I said. "great .. you go first"  So J goes on to say  - "Fin, we loved having you around .. I am sure Tiger will miss you ... but now you can swim and have fun with Blackeye  - ok, mommy your turn".. I was speechless.. so profound and cool for an 8 year old. so I responded.. "Fin.. we will miss you....

Then we came inside and Jake got ready for school.. good think I did not put any goldfish crackers in his lunch... whew.

My son is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment