Translate

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A wedding - huh? Part 2

So if you have been reading, I actually had to sing for the wed yesterday!  So I figured it being so close to Valentine's day, what the heck.....

And if you know me and my sarcasm -  you know what I am thinking...how much will the color red will be brought into the wedding theme - there are sooo many ways they can go with this.. and really, I was hoping for the best - really I was..

So let's get right to it- the men's  tuxes were a lovely black - with a white rose boutonniere - but they had those vest cumber bun thingies.. and what color were the vests.. yes, people, a deep red.  Now,  I am looking at them thinking, well I guess it is not that bad.. it could be worse.. they could have red bow ties on - but thank goodness they didn't. On an positive note -    The groom looked so handsome, in his classic black tux with classic white vest/tie and red rose boutonniere.  Classic.

Ok, now onto the bridesmaids - Now after seeing the the first dress come down the aisle - I was saying to myself.. "ok - these dresses are going to be lovely - deep cranberry redish.. similar color of dress to the vests - but then I realized that each bridesmaid had a different style of dress - and I totally get it - different shaped people, different dresses.. fine (sorry to all my bridesmaids.. but you did all look awesome)  but there is something about a strapless bridesmaid dress that just does not work for me in a CHURCH! Sorry - just did not look right - but I move on...  Then came the maid of honor - same color dress but with a white ribbon around the middle - I guess it was to tie into the brides dress - it just did not work for me. Then there were  two flower girls prior to the bride's entrance their dresses were gorgeous and so were they!

The Bride:  She looked beautiful.  All brides do.. Then I saw her shoes.... Red High Heel Sandals... yep. I said it  - it is out there in the universe.... I understand the idea of throwing a little red into the mix..as the white ribbon was thrown in the mix with the maid of Honor dress~ but red shoes.. wowie... it was something I have never seen - EVER -

The actual music consisted of  typical wedding songs, secular and sacred.. including, dare I say it.. yes .. The Wedding Song - between all of you and me - I just don't like this song.  Never have, never will - and the fact that it is still sung just reminds me of 1972 and everyone had long flowing sea foam green chiffon dresses on, while wearing  flower wreaths in their hair and the men with their long sideburns ala the Lawrence Welk show, Laugh in.. you get the picture- but I digress..I am thinking that  the person who plays for weddings at this church needs a wedding music makeover.. huh.. is there a reality show for that?

So now I am sitting there watching them get married.. it was lovely - truly.. - but the cynical side of me is thinking -  what happens to those who's marriages (God forbid) don't work out?  Valentine's day is ruined for them.  FOREVER - seriously, how can they ever get that feeling back?  It will never be the same and then you will end up like me..disliking Valentine's day.

Let's hope that this couple has a long marriage - and that it is full of love...

Peace out kiddies..
and Happy Black Monday

M





1 comment:

  1. OK, that's just not fair. I'm going to have The Wedding Song in my head for the next day...possibly the next year. Doesn't the song actually ask: "What should be the reason for becoming man and wife?"

    I asked the same question walking down the aisle in '98. Wish I'd listened!!!

    ReplyDelete