Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being "On Call"

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said that I should write a post and talk about being "on call."  I thought about it and said "huh, I never really thought of it that way."  It's very interesting thing if you think about it - no I don't have a beeper - but I do have my cell phone and, as you know, I get text messages.  and they can come in anytime.

I started to think more about it and it kind of made me laugh - Really think about it - I am "on call" to sing at someones funeral.  I know, I know,  not as important as a doctor - with them saving lives and all - but get this.. I guess I help send them off to the next part of their journey. Now that is pretty darn cool.

I did not always sing so many funerals - Like any business, one has to build up their clients, and no I don't mean the families ha ha - the churches and funeral homes.   Alot of my work comes from referrals - that is how I built this part of my business to where it is today.  Not to say that I am singing funerals five days a week - but it is growing - hey, it is a kind of thing where there will always be a need.  And I am truly glad that I am able to help families make their loved ones 'send off' hopefully a special and touching celebration of life.

If you were to ask me 10 years ago that I would be singing for funerals and blogging about it - I would have laughed at that idea.  But now, I am glad that I was lead on this journey and I truly am glad that I am
"on call"

Peace, love and coffee

M

No comments:

Post a Comment